For 2018, I actually have two sets of writing goals: the publicly stated goals, which will be listed here, and the “Stretch” goals, which I’ll be keeping private until/unless I actually hit the public goals. The list follows, but I could really have split this into several different lists by category. You’ll notice a progression: novels drafting, novels editing, short fiction, non-Fiction, Year of Trek.
- Completed outlines for three novels to be drafted in 2019: the third book in the Destiny trilogy, the final book in the Troll World Quartet, and a sequel to Draugr Rising that may involve some transplanted Japanese mythology.
- Finish the first draft of Shrine. Fantasy, and the second book in a set of four.
- First draft of Bad Teenage Poetry. Historical fiction set in the 1980s. May or may not be reflective of some experiences I actually had, plus others. Using poetry I actually wrote in the 1980s as a teenager.
- First draft of Fallen Heroes. SF, sort of. Third book in the Heroes Inc
- Arena to final draft status.
- Hero’s Life to final draft status.
- Shrine to third draft completion.
- Bad Teenage Poetry revision notes.
- 24 short stories, length and genre unspecified. These may or may not be built into a themed collection that I may or may not do. Anticipated length range 2-7k words each.
- Editing on all of the Undead stories and turning this into a collection.
- Photography and design elements for my small haiku collection.
- All of the remaining Year of Trek planned projects so I can actually do this. In no particular order:
- USS Marathon logs recording.
- The rest of the “Season 3” audio drama scripts.
- Fractured Unity novel completion.
- Pointers to a lot of great fan production.
- Nostalgia book, comic, and merchandise reviews.
- Finish my favourite Star Trek meme collection.
- A small group of media ideas I’m keeping secret.
Seems like a lot, maybe, especially considering the trials and tribulations of last couple of years, and these are the public goals. Think about how steep the stretch goals must be.
Be well, everyone.by