When I’m on day shift, as I am for most of January, I have a hard time sitting down in front of the computer for more than a few minutes. For some reason, it’s easier when I’m on nights. I’ve made some progress, but not as much as I wanted to overall. Which is okay. I’ll keep this brief so I can maybe get a few more minutes into a draft in progress.
- I added exactly 0 words to Shrine. It’s the first drafts that suffer when I’m on days.
- I’ve gotten fourteen scenes (of a planned forty) into the scene-level part of the outline for Seven Days a King.
- The second draft of Hero’s Life stands at 63% complete.
- Continue plat brainstorming for Speculative Emotion, in case this is something I want to do on my own.
- I’ve finished listening to the end of Series 3 of I’m Sorry, I’ll Read That Again (ISIRTA), finding that a surprising amount of it holds up very well. There are a few cringy things that don’t really fit with a current sensibility, but most of it is good. The puns are certainly there, but there’s a lot of grammar play that goes by quickly unless you’re paying attention, even if some of it is designed to be obvious to get the laugh.
Primary focus projects remain the same for the moment, so I’ll leave things there until the next update.
Be well, everyone.by