A good month, although a lot lighter than January, mainly due to doing only a little writing, and that by hand, during the vacation trip to (mostly) to Curaçao that was more or less a diary of the trip. 27 writing days out of a possible 28. Groundhog day got missed completely for reasons.
Accomplishments in February:
- Welkiri Corps: now coming in at 49,616 words, and I’ve revised my guess at the word count to 55k. The end is a little farther off than I thought it was, and may still be. We’ll see.
- Battlefield: is now coming in at 59.6k and I’m still forecasting a 77k first draft with the 36th (of 46) chapter complete.
- Editing: 32 of the 40 Undead stories are at third draft status, with 8 out of 40 at final.
- Still editing: the 3rd draft of Fractured Unity is complete. I’m going to let it rest for a while as I edit other things until just before I’m ready to start posting it.
- 11 blog posts. A little light, but I was travelling for more than a week. That trip will probably get me a bunch of blog posts down the line. And maybe a novel. Definitely a few short stories.
- 23 journal entries, 10 of them from the vacation diary.
Total word count for the month of 47,594 which is a lot lower than January’s 81,661 (but far above the 23k goal), and averaged only 1570 words per writing day. The average month for 2019 is probably somewhere in between the two, but every month is a new one and life happens.
On the publishing side, things were not according to the original forecast, but have caught me up a little to where I want to wind up for the year.
- Thorvald’s Wyrd has started posting on Wattpad and the ebooks are in progress.
- Cover designs are complete for “Babysitting the Taran-Saurus” (a makeover) and “Breath Control”, a ST:TOS fanfic. Imagery selected for a novella and a novel to publish in the next few weeks.
Next up, Goals for February:
- Short Fiction: Welkiri Corps should be complete well before the end of March and I hope to put a short story or two into the short fiction category, finally. Overall word count goal of 10k here.
- Battlefield: 21,000 words or to the end of the plot. I’m hopeful
- Short fiction editing: moving into the final draft for the rest of the Undead stories.
- Third draft of Fractured Unity to be completed.
- Non-fiction word count goal for the month is a mere 5000 words.
Switching over to publishing:
- 10 short story submissions.
- Query letters will go out for Ancient Runes.
- Ebooks for “Thorvald’s Wyrd”, Turn the World Around, Skip to My Luu, and “Breath Control”.
- Serialization begins for Skip to My Luu, continues for “Thorvald’s Wyrd”, and runs completely for “Breath Control”.
- Ebooks for “Babysitting the Taran-Saurus” and “Wolves and Sheepdogs”.
- Cover design and layout for Skip To My Luu. I’d like to get this up and rolling as well.
The total word goal for the month is 40k. So long as I continue to work hard and don’t miss too many days, this should be doable. I actually hope it will be significantly higher, though I’m not necessarily pushing for a January total.
Be well, everyone.by