Yeah, I totally forgot this page was here. Current Works in Progress and a couple of things I’m planning shortly:
- Battlefield 1st Draft – the final book in the poorly named Troll World Quartet. Or maybe Quintet. The second one ran very long and might have a good splitting point. Getting close to the end on this one. Five scenes left to write with approximately 7500 more words projected.
- The Welkiri Corps 1st Draft – I thought this was going to be a novelette when I started, but I’m pantsing it, watching things grow, and enjoying the world it’s in. At this instant, it’s sitting just under 55k, and I think I’ve only got two or three scenes left to write and then dictation clean up on about the last 90 pages. I’m guessing at 58-60k when complete.
- The Undead editing – this is a collection of (mostly) less traditional stories featuring undead characters or settings.
- Haiku Collection – needs some photography and layout.
- Fractured Unity editing – this is my Star Trek TOS fan fic novel, converted from audio drama scripts. I’d love to turn it into an actual audio drama someday, but the possibility for that always seems to be “next year”.
- I’m Sorry, I’ll Read That Again – a non-fiction book regarding the 1960s BBC radio series of that name. Final title to be more clever than just repeating the show’s name.
- Plotting for the as many as four novel-length projects I hope to draft next year.
- Editing the Troll World novels as a group. This will probably take a lot of time.
- Bad Teenage Poetry is the novel that’s tentatively up next for drafting. A coming of age story set in the mid 1980s. Not currently a speculative fiction story.
- Speculative Emotion: a themed collection of shorts in the earliest planning stage.
I’ll try to update this a little more often, but there’s a much larger plan than I’ve listed here.