The targets were as follows, stolen right out of the last Writing Report:
- 10,000 words of fiction, any way to the number.
- There are 10 chapters worth of second draft left in Scattered on the Wind. Going for it.
- I’d also like to get 8 chapters worth of revision notes done on Draugr Rising.
- Short Story Submissions: 1, because I need to get back into the game.
- Stretch Goal: finish the outline for Fallen Heroes.
The achievements, however, were a bit different. Last week was tough for spare time, and the weekend flew by. I got a little done, but not a lot.
- 2,683 words of new fiction. There was a novelette finished in here and a single scene on Shrine.
- I managed to get through two chapters of second draft on Scattered on the Wind, so that leaves eight.
- I only managed two chapters of revision notes on Draugr Rising as well.
- Submissions = 0.
- Didn’t even touch the outline for Fallen Heroes.
You’ll notice there wasn’t a target on non-fiction, but I shoehorned 1,638 words of that into my writing week, in the form of 3 blog posts and 0 book reviews.
I like how this works, even if I didn’t make a single goal for last week.
So now we need some new goals for this week:
- 5,000 words of new fiction, any way to the number. This is a reduction, but might be a stretch. I don’t see this week as being any less busy than last week. I am hoping for a little more focus, but we’ll see what life brings.
- There are 8 chapters worth of second draft left in Scattered on the Wind. I’d love to get them all done.
- I’d like to get 8 chapters of revision notes on Draugr Rising.
- Short Story Submissions: 1. Let’s try this again.
- Let’s try the Fallen Heroes stretch goal again.
Tune in next week for another update, same Bat-time, same Bat-channel.
Be well, everyone.by