So there’s definitely something in my makeup somewhere that I need to channel better. I like to work on multiple things at a time which, once some kind of equilibrium has been achieved, makes me just as productive as someone who works at the same rate but only focuses on one thing at a time.
But I also seem to have issues sharing things when I’ve finally take them to a final draft status. That certainly needs to be fixed.
Between those two idiosyncrasies, I thought it might be interesting to list all of the book-length projects I have and in what stage of completion.
Some reading this might ask the question: what the frack is wrong with you? Others will pick a different question: why are you spending writing time on a blog post when you have a list this size? Both questions are valid. And we won’t talk about the sheer volume of short fiction I have lying around that I should do something with. We also won’t mention more than in passing that I’m still free to have other ideas.
Final Draft Complete
- Graceland: Science Fiction, Collection, 83k words
- Heroes Inc (The Citizen Book 1): Superhero, 73k words
- Skip to My Luu: Science Fiction, 87k words
- Ancient Runes: Science Fiction, 85k words
- Universal Destiny: Science Fiction, 77k words
- Scattered On the Wind: Science Fiction, YA, 72k words
- Draugr Rising: Fantasy, 65k words
Third Draft Complete
- Actually nothing here at the moment, but that should change shortly.
Second Draft Complete
- The Undead: Fantasy/Horror, Collection, 96k words
- Arena (Troll World 1): Fantasy, YA, 63k words
- Hero’s Life (The Citizen Book 2): Superhero, 62k words.
First Draft Complete
- Dragon Summer: Fantasy, 108k words. My first attempt at a novel. No one will be permitted to see this until sometime long after my death.
- The Godhead Book 1: Fantasy, 127k words. Has a couple of significant issues I know how to fix.
- The Godhead Book 2: Fantasy, 104k words. Needs to be torn apart and rebuilt almost from the ground up, keeping the basic plot and a few fun parts.
- Warforge: Caledonia: Science Fiction, 128k words. Some adjustments needed for the POV arcs to come together more smoothly.
First Draft in Progress or Stalled
- Shrine (Troll World 2): Fantasy, YA, 74k words estimated. Primary project.
- Fractured Unity: Science Fiction, ST Fanfic, 50k words estimated. Currently 26k words. Next project in line.
- Stoneweaver: Fantasy, 52k words and stalled with significant problem.
- Dreams of Freedom (Alishran 1): Fantasy, 22k words and stalled.
- Iron Jack: Fantasy, 13k words and the plot needs to be rebuilt.
Outlined (Has 5-10k words of structure and character built)
- Bad Teenage Poetry: Historical, 75k words estimated.
- Fallen Heroes (The Citizen Book 3): Superhero, 60k words estimated.
- Seven Days a King: Science Fiction, 60k words estimated.
- Converging Destiny (Universal Destiny book 2): Science Fiction, 60k words estimated.
- Palace (Troll World 3): Fantasy, YA, 60k words estimated.
Plotted (Has 1-2k of structure built)
- Speculative Emotions: SF/F, Collection.
- Periodicity: SF, Collection.
- Unified Destiny (Universal Destiny book 3): Science Fiction, 60k words estimated.
- Battlefield (Troll World 4): Fantasy, YA, 60k words estimated.
- Kami Falling (Draugr Rising sequel): Fantasy, 60k words estimated.
- My Cousin Hans: Historical, 90k words estimated.
- Strewn Across the Stars (Scattered on the Wind sequel): Science Fiction, 65k words estimated.
- ISIRTA: 50 Plus Years Later on the Other Side of the Pond: Non-Fiction, 70k words estimated.
Conceived (has less than 1k of structure and concept built)
- The Godhead Book 3: Fantasy
- Warforge Books 2 & 3: Science Fiction
- The Crossword Man: Contemporary
- Big Hair Day: Historical
- Peacebringers Trilogy: Science Fiction
- Alishran 2 & 3: Fantasy
Glimmering (has a paragraph or less for concept)
- Warforge Book 4: Science Fiction
- Green Wars: Contemporary
- Rain Falls Daily: Contemporary
- Border Guards: Fantasy
- Consigliere: Science Fiction
- Neanderthal: Science Fiction
- Seven Cities: Fantasy
- Stoneweaver: Fantasy
- Tashiik Dreams: Science Fiction
- The Sergeant’s Legacy: Historical
- High Guard Trilogy: Science Fiction
- Napoleon’s Unicorns: Fantasy
- Wellington’s Griffins: Fantasy
- Baby’s First Year: Contemporary
- In Living Memory 1 & 2: Science Fiction
- The Library of Time: Science Fiction
- The Beauty of Weapons: Science Fiction
- Shadow Maidens: Fantasy
So what is wrong with me and why aren’t I working on something listed here? Excuse me while I change files.
Be well, everyone.by