So yes, I’m a little behind on this reporting, but for reasons I’m not going to go into, I’m a little behind where I expected to be on a lot of things at the moment. That’s okay. Life goes on.
NaNoWriMo as a whole didn’t work out for me, more details of which under the drafting section, but I’m still happy at the bonus word count. I also have a freshly reorganized office and a whole lot of handwritten stuff to get into electronic form which, considering my handwriting, isn’t going to be that easy. Transcriptions are likely to feature as part of things for some months.
The overall word total for November was in line with the last couple of months and while it’s possible I might still hit the mythical average writing year, I still feel like I need to focus heavily on the editing side of writing for a little while yet.
- Warforge editing: done. All three of the books in the Caledonia triad are fully edited. Now I just have to figure out a publishing schedule that includes them.
- Short stories: umm… a thousand words on the in-progress hand-written tale in which clones feature heavily. I don’t actually know how long this one is going to be.
- NaNoWriMo novel. “Becoming Alien” started off blazingly fast with 12,000 words in the first six days, but only 14,000 after eight, and only 14,300 total as I realized I needed to spend more time editing. NaNo wasn’t really on the plan for this year (and isn’t for next year, either), but I’m happy enough to have put 14.3k into a novel. Of course, looking at the plot I’ve got laid out, it’s probably an 80k novel, so it wasn’t really a NaNo-type project in the first place.
- A mere 6 blog posts published, though I wrote a couple more than that. Much lighter than originally planned. Again, there were reasons, but they’ll stay private ones.
No publishing in November, and December is looking difficult. I should fix that at least for one story. I just can’t find the cover image I want.
Targets for December:
- Editing: time to circle back to Troll World books. Now that the later volumes have caught up in the proves, it’s time to start the final draft with Book 1, Arena.
- Finish the basic outline for the Draugr Rising sequel, Kami Falling. Yes, I had this on the list for last month, too.
- Short Stories. I’d like to get the first drafts of three in, maybe including the handwritten actually getting finished.
- 3 blog posts per week. Which might be a challenge. I started December late. We’ll see how things work out.
- Publish 1-3 books or shorter works.
Planning has started for 2021, and it’s going to look quite a bit different than the last several years. The grand plan has been modified heavily for my return to student life.
Stay safe and be well, everyone.by